No Remorse No Remorse

I have a critical problem for you to solve...

After watching this animation, this question popped into my mind. I know this is a hard question, but I've been debating on this one since I had Critical Thinking, and this very same question was asked to the class. There are only 3 answers you can chose to answer this question, so choose wisely.

If you were walking down the street and a masked man grabbed you and pulled you over to a dark alley-way while pointing a gun to your head and showed you 12 small children in a line with their mouths taped-up and he said, "I'll give you a choice. You either shoot and kill one of these children, and I'll let you and the rest of the children go unharmed, or I'll let you go unharmed, and I'll kill all of the children. If you can't decide, I will kill all of the children and your life will be taken as well. WHAT DO YOU DO BABY!?

I, personally, don't think my life is as precious as all those children together, but I would risk my life to save ALL of the children, but then I would risk every single one of those childrens' lives by trying to be a hero. So, that leaves me with murder in the 1st degree by taking one of the children's life, which would be better than having every single one of them die. So, I would have to choose a child to kill, unfortunately. :( I know you will chose wisely because you stated the prevention from "...fucking up the rest of my life...”

This critical thought is a very similar situation...life/death decisions. Thanks for being wise and sharing this dramatic piece!!

~Byron

Murray the Monkey ep. 1 Murray the Monkey ep. 1

Oh, hell yeah!!!!!

Anything with cow-ape, ass-kickin' in it has got my vote to the top; especially as smooth as this one was.

I have one question though...How did Murray keep his "overwear" so clean when you get a close-up of him parachuting off the top of that building with "underwear" that's a leaf?

Excellent job with the syncing of music and aniMOTION. Murray is the tighty-whites master!! @^0^@

I Love Egg EP.8 I Love Egg EP.8

Can we say.......ORIGINAL!?!?

My friend you have just made the rest of my night, even though it's 12:20am right now. I should've watched this right when I woke up so that I could have that pleasurable memory of hopping "egg-people" bouncing around in my head. It's simply remarkable how happy this can make you feel after viewing it.

Anyway, your graphics are superbly drawn, and the animation is incredibly perfect. It's got a little "kiddy" humor, but the graphics are what keep this show goin'. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty funny, but it was cuter. No matter how lame you could've made this piece, it would've been a perfect 10en in my records because of the amazing animation and the clean drawings. All that adding on to the animation with clothes and other various items popping into place must've taken quite some time to perfect. Man, if only we could do that, we'd be in "egg-heaven".

This just shows that talent can need no words. It's amazing how well the message came across a lot easier if you use no words to describe what's going on. Egg symbolism is all you need. @o_0@

Incredible job!!!

Gretel and Hansel Part 2 Gretel and Hansel Part 2

Medal Guide

Here is a short medal guide to this game for those of you who get stuck in the game as to how to achieve each one.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1 204441

Hope this helps!

Brawl Royale Brawl Royale

Easy & Hard

Great design and animation!!! This is honestly, I think the first game that's really easy and hard at the same time because of how much of a no-brainer concept it is combined with the precise timing you need to have near the end. I still have yet to defeat the Goku Zombie!!! This is a great example of what game to look for when needing easy medals. Love it!

Inculcation Inculcation

Secret Medal Revealed!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!! "It says on the back of the photo that this is the author. He looks terrifying." Click on the middle drawer 50 times in the corner nightstand in the same room as the TV that cuts on with static, and you'll get the secret photo! ;-)

Great use of simple point-and-click coding along with the cover storyline that eventually makes sense of this spooky drug trip!

Caribbean Blue Binaural Loop+* Caribbean Blue Binaural Loop+*

Accordion bliss! Haha Very nice open sound with holophonic 8-bit sounds. Very different and unique! Never heard any style like this. Some reason this reminds me of the Guardian Legend theme on the NES. Awesome to see you're getting back into music again, Shawn! :-)

Chronamut responds:

thanks man.. it's slow going but I hope to get back into the swing of things as soon as I can repair my computer I hope to get back up and running fully :)

and yes he holophonic sound is amazing.. really impressed with it :)

also you're not the first person to say that lol..

and yeah it's good to be back :)

thanks for the review Byron! :)

FF9 - Rose of May +*~.0 FF9 - Rose of May +*~.0

Not bad, bro! This definitely brings back all those sleepless nights playing these FF games in the late 90's. You've taken up quite a challenge recreating this piece, and you've succeeded in emulation pretty damn close! Ok, so here goes the pros and cons...

Pros:
* Nicely intricate with each instrument and how you managed to have each one complement the next
* The caliber of a track like this seems a bit overwhelming, but your accomplishment should definitely encourage other aspiring music artists to create more.
* Absolutely loved how at the beginning and end you changed up the melody with the piano starting off and ending at 7:59... beautiful section!
* Nicely EQ'd and mastered

Cons:
* At the 3:49 mark and on when the oboe or saxophone sounding instrument starts playing, it sounds a bit off key in parts to me.
* I know with you using FLS for your music creation, it's a little challenging to get symphonic sounds from the MIDI instruments within the program to sound like real instruments, but these instruments sound a little too MIDI. But I guess since this is under the VG genre you wanted it to sound similar in respect.
* Even with the addition of new sounds/instruments each time a new stanza plays, it's a bit repetitious and sounds like it looped a few times when I realized the song has only played 65% through; maybe shorten it a bit, or add your own harmony around the middle to keep the audiences' attention longer like you did near the end

Very well done, Shawn! Always nice to hear new stuff from you, bro! Keep your eyes and ears open for 40+ Batman character/villain theme songs I have in store for everyone!!!

~Byron~

Chronamut responds:

haha will do - thanks for the input man - always appreciated :)

thanks for the review!

LTM² - Miniature Fantasy LTM² - Miniature Fantasy

Wow! That's pretty damn close! Awesome remake, bro! Though, it would have been really nice to hear you throw in something a little different with your own style than the original, but it's definitely spot on, buddy! I like how you switched up the rhythm with the main synth @ 01:32 and you sped up the overall track to get things moving! Great emulation!!!!... VERY IMPRESSED!!! 5ive STARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

ListenToMyMusic responds:

Yeah, I may just make a remix too, getting as close to the original as possible was my main goal in this one.

Mutant Strawberry Clock Mutant Strawberry Clock

Very Intricate!

Completely Pumpkinberry! Nice work Shawn! This actually reminds me of that campy horror movie back in the 80's called Critters. I love how many teeth you carved out of this thing! Also, the clock eye is pretty intricate as well. Nice job!

Chronamut responds:

Thanks man! Yeah the teeth def. give it that special touch - it was hard in the corners cuz i had to make them overlap..

thanks for the review Byron!